17th Biennial Meeting of the Society for Free Radical Research International (SFRRI)
On behalf of SFRR Asia and Japan, Prof Yuji Naito and Prof Shinya Toyakuni are pleased to announce that the 17th SFRRI Conference will be held at Kyoto International Conference Hall, Kyoto, Japan from March 23-26, 2014. We have received over 40 symposium proposals and in liaison with the International Scientific Programme Committtee are finalising the final symposium programme. This international SFRRI Conference aims to attract further abstract submissions for oral and poster presentations from members of all the regional SFRR Socieites. Further information is available from: www.sfrri2014.org/call_for_
Obituary for Tom Dormandy (President SFRRI in 1982): www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/ 9936083/Thomas-Dormandy.html
The Society for Free Radical Research founded in the United Kingdom in 1982 is an International Society with the following rules (as amended by resolution of the members dated September 11, 1998). The International Society is a charitable voluntary, non-profit making institution.
The object of the International Society is to advance education in free radical processes with particular reference to those of industrial and medical importance, such education being for the benefit of the public.
- to provide continuing education and training to scientists with an active interest in Free Radical Research.
- to provide a forum for discussions
- to receive and apply donations, subscriptions and funds from persons or organizations
- to invest and deal with the International Society's money not immediately required for its objects in or upon any investments, securities or property;
- to do all other lawful things necessary to advance the object
- to promote research and publication of its beneficial